New Directions in Community Housing Needs
February 22, 2018
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Orleans Senior Center
150 Rock Harbor Road
There was an excellent turnout from many Lower Cape towns who attended the forum on New Directions in Community Housing Needs on February 22. Five panelists addressed issues regarding year-round housing in all of the towns on Cape Cod…
- Do the towns have adequate housing to meet the needs of:
- Younger working families?
- Those who work in our service industries?
- Elderly or single-person households?
- What about subsidized housing?
- Are the towns meeting the 10% goal established by the state?
The panel of experts consisted of:
- Barry Alper — Member, Orleans Housing Authority
- Andrea Aldana — CDP Director of Housing Advocacy
- Vicki Goldsmith — Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity/Cape Cod
- Bob Jones — President of the Board of Directors, Cape Cod Village
- Katie Wibby — Vice Chairman, Orleans Affordable Housing Committee
Ms. Wibby opened the forum with her comments and included presentation slides prepared by a consultant. The presentation is below. Advance through the pages by clicking on the arrows on the left upper or lower border:Orleans Housing Study presentation 4-11-17 FINAL (1)
Forum Videos —
This forum was video recorded and presented here in segments.
The first video is Ms. Wibby’s presentation:
The next video section is the remaining panelist presentations:
The panelists addressed the following questions in their opening remarks:
- What project is your organization currently working on related to Community Housing Needs?
- How many housing units will this project yield?
- How did your organization go about securing or acquiring land for this project?
- How is your organization funding your project?
- What are your views on other sustainable funding sources (Federal, state, local, other)for community housing projects?
- What are your views on creating incentives to attract developers?
- What actions are you taking to change the direction of Community Housing Needs?
Presentation on the Autism Project
This is the Questions and Answers segment
Photos of the Forum — click on a thumbnail to open the photos and read the captions:[envira-gallery id=”3436″]