New Directions in Community Housing Needs
February 22, 2018
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Orleans Senior Center (see it on map)
150 Rock Harbor Road
Year-round housing is a critical issue in all of the towns on Cape Cod …
- Do the towns have adequate housing to meet the needs of:
- Younger working families?
- Those who work in our service industries?
- Elderly or single-person households?
- What about subsidized housing?
- Are the towns meeting the 10% goal established by the state?
Join us for this critically important forum on New Directions in Community Housing Needs. Learn from a panel of experts about the complex challenges facing Cape towns regarding this subject.
Our panel of experts consists of:
- Barry Alper — Member, Orleans Housing Authority
- Andrea Aldana — CDP Director of Housing Advocacy
- Vicki Goldsmith — Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity/Cape Cod
- Bob Jones — President of the Board of Directors, Cape Cod Village
- Katie Wibby — Vice Chairman, Orleans Affordable Housing Committee
Each panelist will address the following questions in their opening remarks:
- What project is your organization currently working on related to Community Housing Needs?
- How many housing units will this project yield?
- How did your organization go about securing or acquiring land for this project?
- How is your organization funding your project?
- What are your views on other sustainable funding sources (Federal, state, local, other)for community housing projects?
- What are your views on creating incentives to attract developers?
- What actions are you taking to change the direction of Community Housing Needs?
Hear these items presented and then ask your questions! Take away a better understanding of these complex issues facing the Lower Cape and what is being done to meet our community housing needs.
Join us on February 22, at 3:30 p.m. at the Orleans Senior Center. DO NOT MISS this important forum on a subject that is essential to the health and vibrancy of our communities.