Thursday, January 26, 2023
Click HERE to watch the forum recording
You may need to unmute your speaker
In the near future, Orleans voters may be asked to make decisions on extremely important capital infrastructure projects, all of which are at various stages of development. These include:
- A new library
- A new fire-rescue station
- The development of the Governor Prence property
- A community center
While all these projects will not be starting up at the same time, and some will not be built for a long time, the planning has already begun, and it’s important that citizens have information and answers to questions such as:
- What is the current status of these projects?
- How will they contribute to the quality of life in Orleans?
- What are some of the fiscal considerations associated with funding such capital projects?
A knowledgeable panel addressed these issues and answered participants’ questions.
Speakers for the January 26th Forum were:
- Tom Finan, Chair, New Fire-Rescue Station Feasibility Study Committee
- Steven Gass, Member, Trustees of Snow Library
- Fritz Luft, Chair, Community Center Feasibility Task Force
- John Sargent, Chair, Governor Prence Planning Committee
- Scott Walker, Orleans Treasurer/Collector
The Orleans Citizens Forum is an unbiased, public service organization dedicated to keeping
the residents of Orleans knowledgeable about the issues confronting our town