Police Chief Scott MacDonald and Fire Chief Tony Pike discussed issues and concerns facing their respective departments.
The Orleans Citizens Forum provided an opportunity for citizens to meet with:
Police Chief Scott MacDonald
Fire Chief Tony Pike
Topics discussed included:
- How is “Organizational Success” defined in law enforcement? How does that apply to the Orleans Police Department (OPD)?
- How does workforce crisis and relating housing issues affect the ability of OPD to recruit and retain qualified officers?
- What is current status of the Air Quality Study and how does it affect current operations at the Orleans Fire Department (OFD) station house?
- What is current status of the Occupational Chart Study underway at the OFD?
- What is the status of ambulance and billing?
- What services are provided by OFD (ambulance, rescue, fire, etc) and what percentage of time does each consume?
This was an opportunity to hear from the leaders of these two departments responsible for the safety and well being of Orleans Citizens and to engage the Chiefs in conversation regarding any of your concerns and questions.