WASTEWATER WARRANT ARTICLES
What you need to know before you vote at the Special Town Meeting in October!!!
At the Citizens Forum session on October 12, 125 attendees heard the panel explain the status of the Orleans Wastewater initiative and what remains to be done, as well as covering the items that will appear in the Warrant at Town Meeting on Monday, October 16.
The panel covered the following items:
- Where the Treatment Facility will be located/what its capacity is?
- What Collection System is proposed?
- Where the Disposal Site is?
- What the project will cost?
- What the Financial Model is designed to provide?
The panel consisted of:
- Lynn Bruneau — Orleans Finance Committee Chair
- Tom Daley — Director, DPW & NR
- Alan McClennen — Orleans Selectman
- Tom Parece — AECOM Project Manager
Attached is a copy of the PowerPoint presentation that all four panelists used in their presentations. CLICK HERE to download the presentation
The pertinent articles on the Warrant at the October 16 Special Town Meeting were:
Article 1: Fund construction of downtown sewer collection system by MassDOT as part of Main Street Intersection project. Est. Cost: $3,680,000
Article 2: Authorize the Board of Selectmen to negotiate a lease with MassDOT for the use of the Route 6 cloverleaf at Exit 12 as the Town’s primary effluent disposal site — No Cost
Article 3: Fund (completion of ) Aquaculture demonstration project at Lonnie’s Pond — Est. Cost: $94,000.
Article 4: Fund independent review of 25% sewer design plans — Est. Cost: $75,000
Photos from the Forum on Wastewater Warrant Articles.
The Orleans Citizens Forum is an unbiased, public service organization dedicated to keeping the residents of Orleans knowledgeable about the issues confronting our Town